Boston, MA 06/16/2014 (wallstreetpr) – NRG Energy Inc (NYSE:NRG) on June 13, 2014 initiated the NRG Community 1 Solar Generating Facility, a program which is said to be first-of-its-kind in the U.S.
About the NRG Community 1 Solar Generating Facility
- NRG Energy Inc (NYSE:NRG) Community 1 Solar Generating Facility is a programme developed through innovation and while keeping the community service in mind.
- It was developed and designed by Sol Orchard along with Center for Energy Sustainability at the Imperial Valley Campus of San Diego State University.
- The facility has an inventive design of the system which is just like the NRG community solar installation in Rutland, Vermont.
- The NRG Energy Inc (NYSE:NRG) Community 1 Solar Generating Facility programme helps in creation of an exclusive option for those homes as well as facilities which are not ideal for rooftop systems. The programme ensures that the clean renewable energy reaches a lot of consumers despite all the odds.
- The engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of the project was facilitated by the Boeing Company. At present, Boeing and NRG are together building 25.65 megawatt (MW ac) Dandan Solar Facility as well and this will be the Guam Island’s first solar power plant.
- The facility covers approximately 37 acres of land which is owned by SDSU and also includes over 25000 modules, which will be used in generation of emission-free electricity. This emission-free electricity will in turn be used to empower around 2200 households and that too at full capacity.
- The Community 1 Solar Generating Facility will be used in bringing down the emissions as well as the demand on the electricity grid of Southern California.
The 25-Year Power Purchase Agreement With The Imperial Irrigation District
As a part of the 25-year power purchase agreement, the Imperial Irrigation District will buy the entire amount of energy generated by this facility and thereafter sell it to the interested customers at a very competitive price through special community solar program. This will help the Imperial Irrigation District in offering the low-cost clean energy to the consumers of the District.
Please make sure to read and completely understand our disclaimer at https://www.wallstreetpr.com/disclaimer. We may be compensated for posting this content on our website by EDM Media LLC. For questions, comments or suggestions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.