Alliance Data Systems Corporation (NYSE:ADS) Chief Executive Officer Ed Heffernan Says Acquisition Of Conversant Inc (NASDAQ:CNVR) ‘Bulks Up’ In Digital Marketing

Boston, MA 09/12/2014 (wallstreetpr) – Data-driven marketing and loyalty solutions provider, Alliance Data Systems Corporation (NYSE:ADS) Chief Executive Officer Ed Heffernan said that the acquisition of digital marketing services company, Conversant Inc (NASDAQ:CNVR) ‘bulks up’ the company in digital marketing.

Fastest Growth

The company CEO said that the digital market has been witnessing the biggest secular growth, according to its statement. Therefore, he was more impressed by Conversant influence in digital capabilities across Alliance Data Systems Corporation (NYSE:ADS)’s organization. He was confident of the combination generating strong demand for Conversant Inc (NASDAQ:CNVR) ‘s products apart from the possibility of fuelling growth pace with the existing clients at Epsilon, as well as, every Alliance Data business.

Ed Heffernan said that the acquisition was an ideal fit for both the companies since the merged entity would become more balanced and a diversified one. After the completion of the merger, Epsilon/Conversant’s contribution to consolidated revenue would be 35% while LoyaltyOne and Private Label would contribute 25% and 40% respectively.

Acquisition of Conversant

Both the companies have struck a deal whereby Alliance Data Systems Corporation (NYSE:ADS) would buy all Conversant Inc (NASDAQ:CNVR) outstanding shares in exchange of either Alliance Data stock or cash worth about $2.3 billion. In other words, Alliance Data would buy Conversant at $35 a share.

Alliance Data Systems Corporation (NYSE:ADS) would pay about 48% in cash and the rest of 52% in ADS shares. While the exchange ratio has been fixed at 0.07037, the cash portion would be a minimum of $14.98 and a maximum of $18.62 a share representing a float of 10%. The deal, which is subject to approval from the regulators, would be expected to be completed by the year end. Alliance Data Systems Corporation (NYSE:ADS) predicts earnings accretion from the deal to be about 50 cents a share to its core earnings in the first year and 75 cents a share in the second year.

The companies have not indicated any cost synergies or revenue while factoring into earnings accretion estimate. After the closure of the transaction, Conversant Inc (NASDAQ:CNVR) would be part of Epsilon.

Total Market

Both the companies were competing in the $400 billion marketing spend in North America annually. It can be classified into three categories of spend. While $150 billion comes from the traditional or general adverting, another $150 billion generated from traditional direct marketing like catalog, inserts, direct mail, etc. Digital marketing such as display, email, search, mobile, video and social generates $100 billion.

For consideration of being featured on WallstreetPR, contact: Editor@Wallstreetpr.com

Please make sure to read and completely understand our disclaimer at https://www.wallstreetpr.com/disclaimer. FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY; NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE. Any content posted on our website is for educational and informational purposes only and should NOT be construed as a securities-related offer or solicitation, or be relied upon as personalized investment advice. WallStreetPR strongly recommends you consult a licensed or registered professional before making any investment decision. Neither WallStreetPR.com nor any of its owners or employees is registered as a securities broker-dealer, broker, investment advisor (IA), or IA representative with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any state securities regulatory authority, or any self-regulatory organization. WallStreetPR often gets compensated for advertisement services that are disclosed on our disclaimer located at WallStreetPR.com/Disclaimer.